3.17.2014

Princess Half marathon recap part 1 - The Start

Running the Princess Half Marathon was bittersweet. One of our running mates wasn't able to go with us at the last minute and that was hard to swallow. We had been planning and training for so long and were so excited to be on the final countdown only to have that high of an upcoming trip come crashing to a low and find out that if she goes she could die. I cried for her, she tried to be strong and play it off, but I knew how devastated I would be if I were in her running shoes. She had signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge and was so excited to run the 10k and Half Marathon. We weren't going to PR on the race, but rather have a great time together and be silly and have fun! Running 13 miles isn't a joke or to be taken lightly by any means, but we were running it for the joy of accomplishing a goal and to reward ourselves for all of our hard work!
The night before the run we set out our clothes and got our running belts ready to go. Morning food was set out and ready to be eaten and I even slept in my running shorts and bra so I'd have two less things to put on in the morning! Ha! I thought that was a great idea! We were both nervous. The time change adding an hour, walking the parks both days beforehand, not to mention me running the 5k and the 10k the days before as well. Being a die hard Disney fan I couldn't be that close to the parks and not go! We did 2 days park hopper and I tried to make myself turn in early at night, but I just couldn't do it! I had to get up at 4am both Friday and Saturday and at 3 am on Sunday, so I was tired! It was all worth it though! We had an absolute blast! If you ever get a chance to take a trip with friends that love something like Disney as much as you and you complete something like running 13.1 miles, it's memorable!
We hopped on the bus and didn't wait too long to get on, although the line got long quick! 
The buses at the POP were very well run and there were multiple buses there the morning of the Half.


 Walking to the corrals was a long trek. We walked a half mile to get to the start line I think. We used the restroom after we did bag check and waited in a very long line for the port a potty. That is were I lost my cape too. We were glad we had stopped though!
In our corral ready to start! People were sitting on the ground and it was amazing all the pregnant bellies we saw! So cool to see runners who were expecting and still running strong!

I had on my MagicBand, and my two wrist bands to earn my Coast to Coast and the Glass Slipper Challenge.
 Waiting around for the race to start felt like forever!! I had to pee before we even started which is so hard to run when you have to go!
Moving towards the front! Getting a little closer!

Here we go!

You ready Ang?

So close we can taste it!

And here is the starting fireworks!! Let's do this! And let's find the closest port a potty cause I gotta go!!

To read part 2 - click here!



Pin ItPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing the love back! I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...