3.11.2014

Disney Side @Home Celebration - Mom's Disney Trip Planning

“I received free products in order to host the Disney Side @Home Celebration. The opinions expressed here are my own.”

I have a blog dedicated to Disney, I really would love to be on the Disney moms panel and it was such a surprise to get a Disney Side @Home Celebration kit! I truly do have a #disneyside which is practically everyday. I have friends ask me if I own other shirts besides Disney shirts. I am truly a Disney nerd at heart and love teaching others.







So for my Disney Side party I invited moms over with their kiddos to learn about planning their first trips with kids or maybe just a first trip ever!! I have been to Disney as a couple and as a family and the planning is so different! Mainly naps, but even men need those sometimes too! ha!
I invited 10 moms to come over who showed interest in learning more about planning a future Disney vacation either to Disneyland or Walt Disney World and 7 moms showed up. That also meant 11 kiddos under 5 playing upstairs too- not the most quiet house that was for sure! I had breakfast items and finger foods, but nothing over the top. I did have my food displayed on my Mickey plates that I love and made a few special things to snack on. There are tons of great ideas for themed Disney food on Spoonful and pinned on my Pinterest account.
I just got back from a girls trip to Walt Disney World so I was now familiar with the Magic Bands and I went to Disneyland in January to run the Tinkerbell half and as a family vacation so both parks were fresh on my mind.
A popcorn bucket from our trip and some Mickey plates
were a simple touch to jazz up the food and treats.
I started off my party with a short fun quiz. I asked them 10 questions. Some questions about the parks, some trivia about myself and or my trips and then some other fun Disney trivia. Kinda was an ice breaker thing and as we went through the answers I covered some of my topics that I had already decided I wanted to hit.
Planning a trip - to Disneyland or Disneyworld.
We discussed great times to go, how to possibly earn a coveted pin number (which is a discount code that Disney sends out randomly), how to save money while at the parks as well as before you go. How to plan where to stay and the pros and cons I had for either place. Dining and making reservations ahead of time, magicbands and fastpasses for either Park. We also talked about Photopass and sanity savers on trips. They had lots of great questions and I had a few people ask if I would just go with them, which of course I would! I had two moms want to plan trips in the next 6 months and the rest were in the next year or so category.
I had my table displayed like an information booth. I had the
giveaways as well as the items I wanted to touch on during my
lesson about planning a trip to Disney!
I had out for them to see some of my shirts that we've made for trips, which I think is so fun and can be very inexpensive. I had out maps, unused fastpasses, my magicband, favorite souvenirs, autograph books, our recent trip Photopass book. I love sharing my knowledge and love for visiting the parks with families.

My neighbor/running buddy made me this sign
from running my RunDisney races. So I left it up as decor!
I also had my credenza set up as walk down memory lane from our previous trips. Favorite photos and Photopass books. If you notice the picture on the wall, I took window crayons and added ears to my girls in the pic. They wash off with Windex, but my children thought that was hilarious! I love to look at albums from other peoples trips and it gets you excited about going too!
Disclaimer - I am not a travel agent, nor do I work for one. I truly just love helping others, sharing contests to win trips to Disney on my FB account and I love doing my Disney vacations myself! I hope they learned some great tips and I am more than willing to help in any way! For more fun or to see my last trips you can follow me on Pinterest, FB, Twitter , Google+ and  Instagram!


Pin ItPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing the love back! I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...