6.14.2013

Jeff Galloway Half Marathon training

I really want to finish the two RunDisney events that I am signed up for - The Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January and the Princess Half in February. My goal is to finish in the allotted time - pretty simple goal. After I feel like I have trained to the point where, OK, I can do this, then my goal changes. I want to do this and not be injured. Then my goal becomes to finish, uninjured, and with a decent time... like - 12 minutes or so a mile. Coming from a non runner this seems like a realistic goal. I'm in decent health (still got some baby weight to loose), but overall in good enough health to train for something I never in a million year thought I'd want to do! I've heard lots about Jeff Galloway and watched YouTube videos of him speaking and even checked out his book from the public library and have decided he is the way to go as of now.
I've chosen the Jeff Galloway app to help me train for the 10 for Texas in October. The apps were on sale for half off when I grabbed them and it looks as though they are back to regular price. 1.99 for the 10k and 6.99 for the 13.1.

For the most part I'm happy with how it performs. There have been a few hiccups in using it, but I'm sure if it wasn't user error. I'm still learning how to use it. I do like that he talks to me during the run and tells me when to walk, when to run, different facts about running, tips, and so on. I can still listen to music on my device and hear him talk over it when it does talk. (You can turn this feature off) I don't like the fact that I have to import new songs into it every time (which could be user error), or that if I use another app like Instagram it automatically pauses and then my time and distance isn't accurate. I've used it with my Nike app running at the same time to ensure tracking, but that runs the battery down quick! I have figured out how to put in songs and then it chooses songs based on BPM. That's a pretty cool feature! Overall I'm happy so far and will recommend to my other newbie running friends to use as they train!


Pin ItPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing the love back! I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...